RE: [TalkAntietam] Re: re Killing's Cave

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 14, 2012
      Ian;

      Thanks! Can the cave be reached on foot or ?

    • Ian Workman
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 16, 2012
        Steve,

        You can reach it on foot but the best way is by bike. I think the quickest
        way to get to it is from Snyder's landing. If you ever want to see it, I'd
        be happy to bike along.

        The ride isn't that bad at all.

        Ian

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 16, 2012
          Ian;

          This is Gerry, not Steve.

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 17, 2012
            I meant Gerry. Are you local? There was a very large Texas camp in the
            vicinity of the caves that was found many years ago.

            Ian

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 17, 2012
              Ian,

              I live in NJ about four hours away.

            • Ian Workman
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 27, 2012
                If you are in the area just give me shout. I'd be happy to show you around
                that area. There was a large camp up on the bluffs following the Gettysburg
                Campaign as well.

                Ian

                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 29, 2012
                  Ian,

                  That is good to know but I can not say when or if I will be in the area of Sharpsburg any time soon.

                  Gerry