Re: [TalkAntietam] Strange Messages

    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 25, 2002
      It could be the Klez B variant virus.

      Viruses propagate from an infected person's computer....rule of
      thumb...never open any attachment that looks strange.

      I had to spend some time last evening cleaning up the Klez B
      virus from my system...and am not totally sure I got it all....

      Your humble servant,
      Gerry Mayers
      Co. B, "Tom Green Rifles",

      Edward Lee

      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 26, 2002

        It is the Klez B virus that's been traveling around......I am running
        the Norton 2002 Anti Virus software, and it has detected this
        virus at least 10-12 times in the past few days. Each time it
        appears to be attached to CWDG email messages.

        You are correct.......never open strange looking attachments!
        Another piece of advice........update anti virus software.

        Bud

        At 11:13 PM 4/25/02 -0400, Gerry wrote:
        >It could be the Klez B variant virus.
        >
        >Viruses propagate from an infected person's computer....rule of
        >thumb...never open any attachment that looks strange.
        >
        >I had to spend some time last evening cleaning up the Klez B
        >virus from my system...and am not totally sure I got it all....
      • antietam1862
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 26, 2002
          Hi Folks,

          Apparently a virus has hijacked "dunkerch@..." and has been
          zapping us here on TaslAntietam, so I have blocked that account
          temporarily. Will the owner please contact me via email directly
          _after_ disinfecting.

          I have blocked the ability for anyone to upload files to the group,
          also to help prevent further passing of viral content. Please let me
          know privately if this causes anyone any problems.

          Lastly, please never download a file from this or any group without
          the knowlwdge that it may be poisonous ...

          caveat emptor

          Brian
        • rotbaron@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 26, 2002
            In a message dated 4/26/02 8:05:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time, brdowney@...
            writes:
            > Apparently a virus has hijacked "dunkerch@..." and has been
            > zapping us here

            As I noted earlier, that email address is David Lutton, a devoted member of
            our group who obviously is embroiled in a nasty fight with a computer virus.

            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 26, 2002
              Bud,

              Please contact me privately with how to un-install an
              "uninstallable" NAV 2000 on Sunday. Thanks.

              Your humble servant,
              Gerry Mayers
              Co. B, "Tom Green Rifles",

              Edward Lee

              Sponsor ---------------------~-->
              > Buy Stock for $4
              > and no minimums.
              > FREE Money 2002.
              > http://us.click.yahoo.com/orkH0C/n97DAA/ySSFAA/GmiolB/TM
              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Tommy Schmitz
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 28, 2002
                Tom --

                I have been getting these e-mails frequently over the past few days/week
                with the TalkAntietam header, too. These was no "body" to the text, just an
                ad to buy inexpensive stocks. I didn't make sense of them so I deleted
                them. Afterwards, I saw the posts about a possible virus. Even today, I have
                received some suspect e-mails, but have no idea what is going on.

                And congratulations on your Ph.D.

                -- Tommy Schmitz

                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 28, 2002
                  Tommy;

                  You have confused Tom Shay with Tom Clemens, who received the
                  doctorate.

                  I have been receiving virus emails from TalkAntietam also but
                  with .pif and .bat attachments, which I delete immediately.

                  Your humble servant,
                  Gerry Mayers
                  Co. B, "Tom Green Rifles",

                  Edward Lee

                  Sponsor ---------------------~-->
                  > Buy Stock for $4
                  > and no minimums.
                  > FREE Money 2002.
                  > http://us.click.yahoo.com/k6cvND/n97DAA/ySSFAA/GmiolB/TM
                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • Oliver Gamble
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 28, 2002
                    I have been getting these e-mails frequently over the past few days/week
                    with the TalkAntietam header, too. These was no "body" to the text, just an
                    ad to buy inexpensive stocks. I didn't make sense of them so I deleted
                    them. Afterwards, I saw the posts about a possible virus. Even today, I have
                    received some suspect e-mails, but have no idea what is going on.

                    And congratulations on your Ph.D.

                    -- Tommy Schmitz

                    If you read the ads, you now have an infected computer. The ads are the virus.

                  • Bud Wilkinson
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 29, 2002
                      I received 4 messages from Talk Antietam this morning containing
                      this same virus.......

                      Bud