Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Info on 150th Anniversary events

  • Lauren J. M. Kruse
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 12, 2012
      Hello, Tom!

      I hope you have a great time in Sharpsburg this weekend! There are so many
      things to see and do... There isn't enough time for it all! I am so excited
      and grateful that I will attend the 150th.

      Yes, Ed Bearss is wonderful! I was lucky enough to attend one of his talks
      when he paid a visit to our local Civil War Round Table.

      Enjoy & safe travels! :-)

      Lauren

      On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:39 PM, <RoteBaron@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > I'll be at Antietam two of the three days (Sat, Sun, Mon), just not sure
      > which ones yet!
      >
      > Weather will affect my choices.
      >
      > Definitely want to join up with Ed Bearss on his hikes.
      >
      > Heard rumor of 100,000 people gon na be there !
      >
      > Tom Shay

    • Lauren J. M. Kruse
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 12, 2012
        Hello, Matt!

        I think it's wonderful you will be part of the reenactment! It's also
        terrific you will be tracing your family's footsteps. Both are great ways
        to honor our forebears and all they endured. As excited as I am about the
        sesquicentennial and tracing my own family's involvement (they weren't at
        Antietam, though), I cannot forget the true solemnity of the occasion.

        I think there may be an illumination on Saturday evening, which I'd very
        much like to attend.

        I hope Michael Farley emerged from the War unscathed!

        Enjoy the weekend & safe travels! :-)

        Lauren

      • 128thpa@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 14, 2012
          Sorry if this was posted already - but FINALLY the CWT App for Antietam both Android and Apple is available.

          www.civilwar.org

          Paula