Re: [TalkAntietam] A Bit of Shameless Self Promotion

  • Larry Freiheit
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 6, 2012
      Congratulations, Gerry!

      ________________________________
      From: G E Mayers <gerry1952@...>
      To: TalkAntietam Group <TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, September 5, 2012 9:42 PM
      Subject: [TalkAntietam] A Bit of Shameless Self Promotion

      Gang,

      After an effort of fifteen years of research, writing, editing, and then determining best method of publication, my Civil War historical fiction novel about the September 1862 Maryland or "Green Corn" Campaign is being released to Amazon Kindle, iTunes and Barnes & Noble Nook by the end of this week.

      The novel is titled "None But Heroes". Plans are for an initial pricing of $3.99 for the first ninety days of eBook publication.

      I want to thank everyone on this board who helped me over the years in some or any way with the research for the novel, but especially want to thank Teej Smith, Bob Huddleston, Jim Morgan, Tom Shay, Jake Pierro, Larry Freiheit and Tom Clemens for all their help.

      Now, back to our regular programming.

      "True patriotism sometimes requires of men to act exactly contrary, at one period, to that which it does at another, and the motive which impels them--the desire to do right--is precisely the same. The circumstances which govern their actions change; and their conduct must conform to the new order of things." -- Robert E. Lee

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 6, 2012
        Thank you. As of this email, the novel still has not shown up on Kindle. Hope it will be doing so soon.

        Gerry

      • 128thpa@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 6, 2012
          Congrats to you Gerry. How very exciting!

          Paula

        • RoteBaron
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 7, 2012

            Congrats to you!

            I remember when you gave me your first draft back in days of the ADG.

            Here is a photo from those times with you and Joe Harsh:
            http://home.comcast.net/~rotebaron/Gerry_and_Joe.jpg

            Tom Shay

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 7, 2012

              I treasure that moment with Dr Harsh.... I had the opportunity a couple years later to meet him again at the bar at the old Four Points Sheraton now the Hagerstown Inn and Convention Center.

              The novel is live on Amazon Kindle, iTunes and should be on Nook soon.

              Gerry