A Bit of Shameless Self Promotion

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 5, 2012
      Gang,

      After an effort of fifteen years of research, writing, editing, and then determining best method of publication, my Civil War historical fiction novel about the September 1862 Maryland or "Green Corn" Campaign is being released to Amazon Kindle, iTunes and Barnes & Noble Nook by the end of this week.

      The novel is titled "None But Heroes". Plans are for an initial pricing of $3.99 for the first ninety days of eBook publication.

      I want to thank everyone on this board who helped me over the years in some or any way with the research for the novel, but especially want to thank Teej Smith, Bob Huddleston, Jim Morgan, Tom Shay, Jake Pierro, Larry Freiheit and Tom Clemens for all their help.

      Now, back to our regular programming.

      "True patriotism sometimes requires of men to act exactly contrary, at one period, to that which it does at another, and the motive which impels them--the desire to do right--is precisely the same. The circumstances which govern their actions change; and their conduct must conform to the new order of things." -- Robert E. Lee

    • Dave
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 5, 2012
        Gerry, congratulations. I know there was a lot of blood, sweat and tears
        that went into this, and I'm looking forward to reading it.

        Dave McGowan

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 5, 2012
          Dave,

          Thank you. You also helped me immensely as well.... so pat yourself on the back too.

          Gerry

          PS: It is being published now because of the importance of the anniversary events happening now.... the start of the campaign and then the battle. Please spread the word of this to any and all reenactor friends you have as well... let's get a grassroots network going to push this in time for the two big reenactment events later this month.

        • Larry Freiheit
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 6, 2012
            Congratulations, Gerry!

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 6, 2012
              Thank you. As of this email, the novel still has not shown up on Kindle. Hope it will be doing so soon.

              Gerry

            • 128thpa@comcast.net
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 6, 2012
                Congrats to you Gerry. How very exciting!

                Paula

              • RoteBaron
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 7, 2012

                  Congrats to you!

                  I remember when you gave me your first draft back in days of the ADG.

                  Here is a photo from those times with you and Joe Harsh:
                  http://home.comcast.net/~rotebaron/Gerry_and_Joe.jpg

                  Tom Shay

                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 7, 2012

                    I treasure that moment with Dr Harsh.... I had the opportunity a couple years later to meet him again at the bar at the old Four Points Sheraton now the Hagerstown Inn and Convention Center.

                    The novel is live on Amazon Kindle, iTunes and should be on Nook soon.

                    Gerry