RE: [TalkAntietam] Henry Kyd Douglas

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 28, 2012
      Dear Larry;

      It would be interesting indeed if his actual diary could be brought to light, but I understand it is locked up away in private hands.

      Gerry

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 28, 2012
        I've talked with Doug Bast in Boonsboro who apparently has some of Douglas's writings. I haven't seen them to know if they are legible but he didn't seem reluctant to let me see them. After I finish my Mansfield bio I would like to edit those Douglas material along with Doug and publish them. I plan on talking with him soon see if he is still interested.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 28, 2012
          Larry;

          IIRC at some point in the past Bast was interested in publishing the diaries but he hit the snag of having to locate all the HKD descendants and have them sign off on the project.

          Gerry