Re: [TalkAntietam] Drummer at Antietam

  • Pa128th@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 24, 2002
      In a message dated 4/24/02 10:25:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time, darkpharoh@... writes:

      You may want to mention Johnny Cook, who I believe won
      the medal of honor for his actions at Antietam in the
      area of the Miller Cornfield. He fired into the Conf.
      ranks with a Union battery after all the gunners had
      been knocked down. I believe he was 14 yrs. old.

      If this info can be confirmed, I would love to add it to my presentation.

      Thanks,

      Paula
    • Teej Smith
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 24, 2002

        If this info can be confirmed, I would love to add it to my presentation.

        Thanks,

        Paula

        Hi Paula,

            Try this website.  http://www.nps.gov/anti/artily_2.htm  Scroll down to the section that says "At Antietam, Did You Know?"  Hope this helps. Good luck with your presentation.