Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: 72nd PA Official Report for Antietam?

  • Larry Freiheit
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 8, 2012
      Supplement, Part II, Record of Events, Vol. 60, serial No. 72, Pennsylvania--Inf. (57th-88th)

      "Station not stated, not dated.
      August 10, 1861.--Muster-in roll of Captain Henry A. Cook's Company I, in the Third Regiment (Baker's Brigade) of ennsylvania volunteers, commanded aby Colonel D. W. C. Baxter, called into the service of the United States by the President under the Act of Congress approved July 22, 1861, from August 10, 1861 (date of this muster) for the term of three years, unless sooner discharged....
      Joshua T. Owen, Colonel, Commanding Brigade, Mustering Officer.

      By authority of the War Department, Colonel Edward D. Baker having been killed in action.

      Stationed at Camp Observation, Poolesville, Maryland, August 10-December 31, 1861.

      Stationed at Harper's Ferry, [West] Virginia, January-February 1862.

      Stationed at Camp Winfield Scott, Virginia, March-April 1862.

      Stationed on the Peninsula, May-June 1862.

      Stationed at Centreville, July-August 1862.

      Stationed at camp in the field, September-October 1862.

      Stationed at camp near Falmouth, Virginia, November 1862-April 1863.

      Stationed near Uniontown, Maryland, may-June 1863."

      Etc.

      Larry

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 8, 2012
        Larry,

        Thanks very much for taking the time to send this info, especially on a
        holiday.

        Happy Easter,

        Scott

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 8, 2012