Re: [TalkAntietam] Drummer at Antietam

  • Pa128th@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 24, 2002
      In a message dated 4/24/02 9:34:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Marc73@... writes:

      Charles King indeed was the drummer boy. He died at the Smoketown Hospital if I remember correctly.

      Thank you all, I didn't think I was that crazy yet.  I knew I had that info, but couldn't find the source.

      Paula
    • Pa128th@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 24, 2002
        In a message dated 4/24/02 10:25:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time, darkpharoh@... writes:

        You may want to mention Johnny Cook, who I believe won
        the medal of honor for his actions at Antietam in the
        area of the Miller Cornfield. He fired into the Conf.
        ranks with a Union battery after all the gunners had
        been knocked down. I believe he was 14 yrs. old.

        If this info can be confirmed, I would love to add it to my presentation.

        Thanks,

        Paula
      • Teej Smith
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 24, 2002

          If this info can be confirmed, I would love to add it to my presentation.

          Thanks,

          Paula

          Hi Paula,

              Try this website.  http://www.nps.gov/anti/artily_2.htm  Scroll down to the section that says "At Antietam, Did You Know?"  Hope this helps. Good luck with your presentation.