RE: [TalkAntietam] A "Tongue In Cheek" Video

  • bill smith
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2012
      That was a great piece of satire,  Some people on youtube took it seriously though,

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2, 2012
        But it sure plays up to one of the questions the rangers do get a lot... "Why are there no bullet holes in the monuments?" and "Why did they fight in national parks?"

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 2, 2012
          Actually witnessed this at Gettysburg. The ranger, while giving his presentation, asked a child, climbing on a monument, to please get down. Mom gets indignant (and I guess embarrassed) and said, “What’s the big deal, the monument survived the battle, what makes you think his sneakers are gonna ruin it”. My missus gave me an elbow to the rib – I couldn’t stop laughing. Ranger told me afterwards “I tried to maintain myself, but almost bust out myself when I looked over at you”.