A "Tongue In Cheek" Video

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31 8:44 PM
      Had to share – its’ a spoof on Gettysburg myths – Enjoy

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jto_wZVZaP0

      Regards,
      Tom B.

    • Dave
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2012
        Excellent History Channel material. I was disappointed that they did
        not cover the annual movement of the monuments to storage for the
        winter. I was also surprised and saddened that they did not note the
        fact that Buster is NOT listed on the 20th Maine monument.

        I suppose a future show will cover all the unmarked graves located in
        the East woods at ANB, marked by the small, white cylinders.

        Dave McGowan

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2012
          I found the same video on one of my friend's Facebook pages... sent it to another friend to look at and this was his comment:

          "OMG!!! That was hysterical!!!!! I am laughing so hard the tears are running down my cheeks.. I mean that was FUNNY!!!"

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2, 2012
            That was a great piece of satire,  Some people on youtube took it seriously though,

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 2, 2012
              But it sure plays up to one of the questions the rangers do get a lot... "Why are there no bullet holes in the monuments?" and "Why did they fight in national parks?"

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 2, 2012
                Actually witnessed this at Gettysburg. The ranger, while giving his presentation, asked a child, climbing on a monument, to please get down. Mom gets indignant (and I guess embarrassed) and said, “What’s the big deal, the monument survived the battle, what makes you think his sneakers are gonna ruin it”. My missus gave me an elbow to the rib – I couldn’t stop laughing. Ranger told me afterwards “I tried to maintain myself, but almost bust out myself when I looked over at you”.