Re: [TalkAntietam] Confederate Artillery at Antietam

  • Ian Workman
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 31 8:39 PM
      Scott,

      The largest spherical shells used during the Maryland Campaign were the
      32lbers. There was only one battery that had them. I have found a few
      pieces on the Shepherdstown Battlefield towards the western side. It looks
      as though they were firing from Ferry Hill. The closest 30lb Parrott guns
      were on Maryland Heights overlooking Harper's Ferry.

      Ian Workman