Re: [TalkAntietam] Battlefield Terrain Study: Burnside's Attack

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 21, 2011
      Good catch Tom, I'll bet there are a lot of dissertations and War
      College papers on ACW battles out there. Interesting to see it from a
      professional soldier's eye.

      Dave McGowan

      On 12/21/2011 10:46 AM, RoteBaron@... wrote:

      > Found an interesting PDF online from US Army War College entitled:
      >
      > "Battlefield Terrain Study: Burnside's Attack Against the Confederate
      > Right at Antietam"
      >
      > http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a158168.pdf
      >
      > Tom Shay - Cressona, PA

    • RoteBaron
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 21, 2011
        Sorry, Gerry, but I didn’t spot any other Antietam studies.
        I did print the document and am reading it now.

        Tom Shay
        Did you find anything similar about the Confederate Left Center?

        Gerry