Battlefield Terrain Study: Burnside's Attack

  • RoteBaron@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 21, 2011
      Found an interesting PDF online from US Army War College entitled:

      "Battlefield Terrain Study: Burnside's Attack Against the Confederate Right at Antietam"

      http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a158168.pdf

      Tom Shay - Cressona, PA

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 21, 2011
        Tom;,

        Did you find anything similar about the Confederate Left Center?

        Gerry

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 21, 2011
          Good catch Tom, I'll bet there are a lot of dissertations and War
          College papers on ACW battles out there. Interesting to see it from a
          professional soldier's eye.

          Dave McGowan

          On 12/21/2011 10:46 AM, RoteBaron@... wrote:

          > Found an interesting PDF online from US Army War College entitled:
          >
          > "Battlefield Terrain Study: Burnside's Attack Against the Confederate
          > Right at Antietam"
          >
          > http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a158168.pdf
          >
          > Tom Shay - Cressona, PA

        • RoteBaron
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 21, 2011
            Sorry, Gerry, but I didn’t spot any other Antietam studies.
            I did print the document and am reading it now.

            Tom Shay