Re: War Dept. Document

  • Bley
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011
      You are quite welcome. I'm glad I could help.

    • MikeL49NYVI@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011
        Gary:

        _Click here: Maryland My Maryland - Reenactment of The Battles of South
        Mountain & Antietam_ (http://marylandmymaryland.marylandcampaign150.org/)

        Here is the link. After Ball's Bluff in a couple weeks the site will begin
        to have a lot more on it.

        I believe there will be some Living History participation, but it will most
        likely be on a case-by case decision. For instance do not expect to see
        Gen Grant in MD in 1862.
        I'll check to see how it will be handled.

        Mike L

        In a message dated 10/6/2011 10:21:05 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        gerry1952@... writes:

        Mike,

        What is the event website? Do the event planners plan to allow living
        historians to participate as well?

        A Yankee by Birth but a Rebel by Choice!

        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011
          Mike;

          Thanks. I belong to the Civil War Heritage Foundation. One of the members
          portrays General Longstreet; I portray one of his inner circle of staff
          officers. The member who portrays Longstreet might be very interested in an
          opportunity to portray the general at your event.

          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 7, 2011
            Gerry:

            You (or the General) would need to send a letter to Chris Anders about
            it, and he'll take it from there. He has someone coordinating the Living
            History portrayals and they will work with you from there.
            _ltcolcsa@..._ (mailto:ltcolcsa@...) When you write to him, tell him I
            referred you.

            Our events are very history-heavy, and things that do not fit the time
            and place are not included. That being said, there is usually room for
            discussion, and making something work.

            My Respects
            Mike Lavis

            __blink88@..._ (mailto:_blink88@...) _

            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 7, 2011
              Mike;

              Thank you. Would you mind an email to Chris Anders beforehand, as a way of
              introduction? Also, should I wait until after the Ball's Bluff event to send
              that email you mentioned below to him?