RE: [TalkAntietam] Re: War Dept. Document

    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011
      Mike,

      What is the event website? Do the event planners plan to allow living
      historians to participate as well?

      A Yankee by Birth but a Rebel by Choice!

      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011
        You are quite welcome. I'm glad I could help.

      • MikeL49NYVI@aol.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011
          Gary:

          _Click here: Maryland My Maryland - Reenactment of The Battles of South
          Mountain & Antietam_ (http://marylandmymaryland.marylandcampaign150.org/)

          Here is the link. After Ball's Bluff in a couple weeks the site will begin
          to have a lot more on it.

          I believe there will be some Living History participation, but it will most
          likely be on a case-by case decision. For instance do not expect to see
          Gen Grant in MD in 1862.
          I'll check to see how it will be handled.

          Mike L

          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011
            Mike;

            Thanks. I belong to the Civil War Heritage Foundation. One of the members
            portrays General Longstreet; I portray one of his inner circle of staff
            officers. The member who portrays Longstreet might be very interested in an
            opportunity to portray the general at your event.

            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 7, 2011
              Gerry:

              You (or the General) would need to send a letter to Chris Anders about
              it, and he'll take it from there. He has someone coordinating the Living
              History portrayals and they will work with you from there.
              _ltcolcsa@..._ (mailto:ltcolcsa@...) When you write to him, tell him I
              referred you.

              Our events are very history-heavy, and things that do not fit the time
              and place are not included. That being said, there is usually room for
              discussion, and making something work.

              My Respects
              Mike Lavis

              __blink88@..._ (mailto:_blink88@...) _

              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 7, 2011
                Mike;

                Thank you. Would you mind an email to Chris Anders beforehand, as a way of
                introduction? Also, should I wait until after the Ball's Bluff event to send
                that email you mentioned below to him?