Re: War Dept. Document

  • Bley
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011
      I posted the document this morning in the Files section.

    • MikeL49NYVI@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011
        This is great stuff !!

        I have been given the honor to be the Federal Commander for the 150th
        Antietam reenactment next September, and this will be a very valuable reference.

        Thank you
        Mike Lavis

        --- In _TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com)

        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011
          Mike,

          What is the event website? Do the event planners plan to allow living
          historians to participate as well?

          A Yankee by Birth but a Rebel by Choice!

          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011
            You are quite welcome. I'm glad I could help.

          • MikeL49NYVI@aol.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011
              Gary:

              _Click here: Maryland My Maryland - Reenactment of The Battles of South
              Mountain & Antietam_ (http://marylandmymaryland.marylandcampaign150.org/)

              Here is the link. After Ball's Bluff in a couple weeks the site will begin
              to have a lot more on it.

              I believe there will be some Living History participation, but it will most
              likely be on a case-by case decision. For instance do not expect to see
              Gen Grant in MD in 1862.
              I'll check to see how it will be handled.

              Mike L

              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011
                Mike;

                Thanks. I belong to the Civil War Heritage Foundation. One of the members
                portrays General Longstreet; I portray one of his inner circle of staff
                officers. The member who portrays Longstreet might be very interested in an
                opportunity to portray the general at your event.

                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 7, 2011
                  Gerry:

                  You (or the General) would need to send a letter to Chris Anders about
                  it, and he'll take it from there. He has someone coordinating the Living
                  History portrayals and they will work with you from there.
                  _ltcolcsa@..._ (mailto:ltcolcsa@...) When you write to him, tell him I
                  referred you.

                  Our events are very history-heavy, and things that do not fit the time
                  and place are not included. That being said, there is usually room for
                  discussion, and making something work.

                  My Respects
                  Mike Lavis

                  __blink88@..._ (mailto:_blink88@...) _

                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 7, 2011
                    Mike;

                    Thank you. Would you mind an email to Chris Anders beforehand, as a way of
                    introduction? Also, should I wait until after the Ball's Bluff event to send
                    that email you mentioned below to him?