Re: War Dept. Document

  • MikeL49NYVI@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 5, 2011
      As a reenactor who is always striving to learn more, and "get it right" I'd
      love to see them, and maybe arrange for you to send a copy to me, at my
      expense, of course.

      Mike Lavis

    • Bley
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011
        I posted the document this morning in the Files section.

      • MikeL49NYVI@aol.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011
          This is great stuff !!

          I have been given the honor to be the Federal Commander for the 150th
          Antietam reenactment next September, and this will be a very valuable reference.

          Thank you
          Mike Lavis

          --- In _TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com)

          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011
            Mike,

            What is the event website? Do the event planners plan to allow living
            historians to participate as well?

            A Yankee by Birth but a Rebel by Choice!

            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011
              You are quite welcome. I'm glad I could help.

            • MikeL49NYVI@aol.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011
                Gary:

                _Click here: Maryland My Maryland - Reenactment of The Battles of South
                Mountain & Antietam_ (http://marylandmymaryland.marylandcampaign150.org/)

                Here is the link. After Ball's Bluff in a couple weeks the site will begin
                to have a lot more on it.

                I believe there will be some Living History participation, but it will most
                likely be on a case-by case decision. For instance do not expect to see
                Gen Grant in MD in 1862.
                I'll check to see how it will be handled.

                Mike L

                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011
                  Mike;

                  Thanks. I belong to the Civil War Heritage Foundation. One of the members
                  portrays General Longstreet; I portray one of his inner circle of staff
                  officers. The member who portrays Longstreet might be very interested in an
                  opportunity to portray the general at your event.

                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 7, 2011
                    Gerry:

                    You (or the General) would need to send a letter to Chris Anders about
                    it, and he'll take it from there. He has someone coordinating the Living
                    History portrayals and they will work with you from there.
                    _ltcolcsa@..._ (mailto:ltcolcsa@...) When you write to him, tell him I
                    referred you.

                    Our events are very history-heavy, and things that do not fit the time
                    and place are not included. That being said, there is usually room for
                    discussion, and making something work.

                    My Respects
                    Mike Lavis

                    __blink88@..._ (mailto:_blink88@...) _

                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 7, 2011
                      Mike;

                      Thank you. Would you mind an email to Chris Anders beforehand, as a way of
                      introduction? Also, should I wait until after the Ball's Bluff event to send
                      that email you mentioned below to him?