Atlas Plates 28 & 29

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2011
      Atlas Plate 28 no. 1 & 29 no. 2 show two different Confederate lines of retreat from the D. Grove house on the Sharpsburg-Shepherdstown Pike down to Boteler's Ford. Plate 28 shows it was done in Oct. 1862 and 29 done by Michler in 1867.

      Which is correct? I'm tempted to go with Plate 28 but I have no documentation to support one over the other.

      Thanks