Re: [TalkAntietam] War Dept. Document

  • 128thpa@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 5, 2011
      I would be interested also.

      Thanks,

      Paula

    • DPowell334@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 5, 2011
        I am always interested in tactical stuff. I'd like to see it.

        Dave

        In a message dated 10/5/2011 2:53:34 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
        tgclemens@... writes:

        I'd like to see it.

        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 5, 2011
          As a reenactor who is always striving to learn more, and "get it right" I'd
          love to see them, and maybe arrange for you to send a copy to me, at my
          expense, of course.

          Mike Lavis

        • Bley
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011
            I posted the document this morning in the Files section.

            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011
              This is great stuff !!

              I have been given the honor to be the Federal Commander for the 150th
              Antietam reenactment next September, and this will be a very valuable reference.

              Thank you
              Mike Lavis

              --- In _TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com)

              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011
                Mike,

                What is the event website? Do the event planners plan to allow living
                historians to participate as well?

                A Yankee by Birth but a Rebel by Choice!

                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011
                  You are quite welcome. I'm glad I could help.

                • MikeL49NYVI@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011
                    Gary:

                    _Click here: Maryland My Maryland - Reenactment of The Battles of South
                    Mountain & Antietam_ (http://marylandmymaryland.marylandcampaign150.org/)

                    Here is the link. After Ball's Bluff in a couple weeks the site will begin
                    to have a lot more on it.

                    I believe there will be some Living History participation, but it will most
                    likely be on a case-by case decision. For instance do not expect to see
                    Gen Grant in MD in 1862.
                    I'll check to see how it will be handled.

                    Mike L

                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011
                      Mike;

                      Thanks. I belong to the Civil War Heritage Foundation. One of the members
                      portrays General Longstreet; I portray one of his inner circle of staff
                      officers. The member who portrays Longstreet might be very interested in an
                      opportunity to portray the general at your event.

                      Message 10 of 14 , Oct 7, 2011
                        Gerry:

                        You (or the General) would need to send a letter to Chris Anders about
                        it, and he'll take it from there. He has someone coordinating the Living
                        History portrayals and they will work with you from there.
                        _ltcolcsa@..._ (mailto:ltcolcsa@...) When you write to him, tell him I
                        referred you.

                        Our events are very history-heavy, and things that do not fit the time
                        and place are not included. That being said, there is usually room for
                        discussion, and making something work.

                        My Respects
                        Mike Lavis

                        __blink88@..._ (mailto:_blink88@...) _

                        Message 11 of 14 , Oct 7, 2011
                          Mike;

                          Thank you. Would you mind an email to Chris Anders beforehand, as a way of
                          introduction? Also, should I wait until after the Ball's Bluff event to send
                          that email you mentioned below to him?