RE: [TalkAntietam] War Dept. Document

    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 5, 2011
      Please post for the benefit of the board.

      A Yankee by Birth but a Rebel by Choice!

      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 5, 2011
        I'd like to see it.

      • 128thpa@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 5, 2011
          I would be interested also.

          Thanks,

          Paula

        • DPowell334@AOL.COM
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 5, 2011
            I am always interested in tactical stuff. I'd like to see it.

            Dave

            I'd like to see it.

          • MikeL49NYVI@aol.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 5, 2011
              As a reenactor who is always striving to learn more, and "get it right" I'd
              love to see them, and maybe arrange for you to send a copy to me, at my
              expense, of course.

              Mike Lavis

            • Bley
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011
                I posted the document this morning in the Files section.

                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011
                  This is great stuff !!

                  I have been given the honor to be the Federal Commander for the 150th
                  Antietam reenactment next September, and this will be a very valuable reference.

                  Thank you
                  Mike Lavis

                  --- In _TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com)

                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011
                    Mike,

                    What is the event website? Do the event planners plan to allow living
                    historians to participate as well?

                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011
                      You are quite welcome. I'm glad I could help.

                    • MikeL49NYVI@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011
                        Gary:

                        _Click here: Maryland My Maryland - Reenactment of The Battles of South
                        Mountain & Antietam_ (http://marylandmymaryland.marylandcampaign150.org/)

                        Here is the link. After Ball's Bluff in a couple weeks the site will begin
                        to have a lot more on it.

                        I believe there will be some Living History participation, but it will most
                        likely be on a case-by case decision. For instance do not expect to see
                        Gen Grant in MD in 1862.
                        I'll check to see how it will be handled.

                        Mike L

                        Message 11 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011
                          Mike;

                          Thanks. I belong to the Civil War Heritage Foundation. One of the members
                          portrays General Longstreet; I portray one of his inner circle of staff
                          officers. The member who portrays Longstreet might be very interested in an
                          opportunity to portray the general at your event.

                          Message 12 of 14 , Oct 7, 2011
                            Gerry:

                            You (or the General) would need to send a letter to Chris Anders about
                            it, and he'll take it from there. He has someone coordinating the Living
                            History portrayals and they will work with you from there.
                            _ltcolcsa@..._ (mailto:ltcolcsa@...) When you write to him, tell him I
                            referred you.

                            Our events are very history-heavy, and things that do not fit the time
                            and place are not included. That being said, there is usually room for
                            discussion, and making something work.

                            My Respects
                            Mike Lavis

                            __blink88@..._ (mailto:_blink88@...) _

                            Message 13 of 14 , Oct 7, 2011
                              Mike;

                              Thank you. Would you mind an email to Chris Anders beforehand, as a way of
                              introduction? Also, should I wait until after the Ball's Bluff event to send
                              that email you mentioned below to him?