Re: Bowie Burial map

  • Troy Cool
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 15, 2011
      Could anyone point me in the direction of finding a copy of the Bowie map or any survey of the burial sites around the Battlefield, specifically Keedysville?
      Thanks!
      Troy

    • Thomas G. Clemens
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 15, 2011
        Do you mean the bodies buried across the road from your house? I think they were moved in 1867.

        ________________________________
        Could anyone point me in the direction of finding a copy of the Bowie map or any survey of the burial sites around the Battlefield, specifically Keedysville?
        Thanks!
        Troy

      • James Buchanan
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 15, 2011
          Here you go Troy...

          http://www.whilbr.org/confederateSoldiers/index.aspx

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 15, 2011
            Wow! This website is a great resource above and beyond the Bowie List... I
            will have to bookmark it...

            On Aug 15, 2011, at 9:00 PM, Thomas G. Clemens wrote:

            > Do you mean the bodies buried across the road from your house? I think
            they were moved in 1867.

            > ________________________________

          • Ian Workman
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 15, 2011
              I would be interested in knowing if he mentions McCoy's Ferry or Cherry Run
              in his tour. Let me know how that goes. That sounds like fun!

              Ian Workman

              On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 7:50 AM, eighth_conn_inf
              <eighth_conn_inf@...>wrote:

              > **
              >

              > My wife and I signed up but she is now working this Sunday so I have a
              > ticket available. Bus leaves from DC. Anyone interested PM me for info:
              > killsour@...
              >
              > Thanks.

            • Larry Freiheit
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 16, 2011