Shepherdstown Battlefield Tour - September 17, 2011

  • edunleavy921
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2011
      To commemorate the 149th Anniversary of the 1862 Battle of Shepherdstown, the Shepherdstown Battlefield Preservation Association Inc. (SBPA) is sponsoring a tour of the battlefield, including a wading of the Potomac River at Boteler's (Blackford's) Ford and a BBQ. The tour is set, rain or shine, for Saturday, September 17, 2011.

      Historians Tom Clemens and Tom McGrath will be the tour guides. Two tours are scheduled; the first tour will begin at 2:30PM followed by the second tour at 3:30PM. Each tour will last about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

      The tour is about 1 1/2 miles and if wading in the Potomac has no appeal, you can meet the tour on the WV shore of the river.

      After each tour, the participants will walk to 132 Trough Bend Lane to enjoy a barbecue, beer, wine and soft drinks. We ask for a donation of $30 per person.

      TO MAKE A RESERVATION, VISIT THE FOLLOWING LINK:

      http://battleofshepherdstown.org/Hats.html

      Precise instructions for the tour are on the website.

      Reserve as soon as possible as we can only accommodate a limited number of participants.

      Thank you for your support.

      -SBPA Board of Directors