question

  • Thomas G. Clemens
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30 7:30 PM
      Beginning his discussion of the West Woods fight, Carman wrote that some Confederate writers had criticized McLaws for not arriving in Sharpsburg right behind Jackson, and not arriving at West Woods earlier, suggesting that had he done bette the battle, even war, could have been won. The only "Confederate writer" that I am aware of who said that was John Esten Cooke, (and why anybody takes him seriously is beyond my comprehension), but has anyone seen any other writer who made this point?? If you have, I'd appreciate knowing about it.
      Thank you