Troup Artillery at Sharpsburg

    Message 1 of 2 , May 9 12:08 PM
      Gang,

      A friend of mine just recently learned he has an ancestor from
      Georgia who fought throughout the war as part of the famed Troup
      Artillery unit, from First Manassas all the way through to ACH
      without suffering a single injury.

      Can anyone tell me where the Troup Artillery was posted during
      the various days of the battle, from 15 through 19 September?

      Thanks!!!!

    • Dave
      Message 2 of 2 , May 9 3:44 PM
        The Troup Artillery Bty was under the command of Henry Hull Carlton
        during the battle. According to "Artillery Hell", the battery carried 2
        x 10# Parrot rifles, and one 12# smoothbore howitzer, having left 2 x 6#
        smoothbores behind at Leesburg. They suffered 1 KIA, 8 WIA, and they
        were attached to Cobb's Legion. I looked at several of the Carman maps
        but couldn't find them, but at least you know where to look for them if
        they're labeled. Hope this helps.

        Dave McGowan