Re: [TalkAntietam] South Mountain

  • colliszouave@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 25 , Apr 17, 2011
      Thank you Gerry, Jim and Steve!
      ------Original Message------
      From: G E Mayers
      Sender: Talk Antietam
      To: Talk Antietam
      ReplyTo: Talk Antietam
      Subject: RE: [TalkAntietam] South Mountain
      Sent: Apr 17, 2011 8:51 PM

      Mike;

      Although it does have many errors in it, I would still recommend J M
      Priest's book "Before Antietam" as a good guide for South Mountain fighting.
      Also, the War College Guide to Antietam has excellent section on South
      Mountain, but I understand (IIRC???) it might be out of print.

      Message 2 of 25 , Apr 17, 2011
        Mike;

        You might also find the late Joseph Harsh's book "Taken at the Flood" to
        have much useful information as well.