RE: [TalkAntietam] South Mountain

    Message 1 of 25 , Apr 17, 2011
      Mike;

      Although it does have many errors in it, I would still recommend J M
      Priest's book "Before Antietam" as a good guide for South Mountain fighting.
      Also, the War College Guide to Antietam has excellent section on South
      Mountain, but I understand (IIRC???) it might be out of print.

      Message 2 of 25 , Apr 17, 2011
        Mike
        You should also consider Tim Reese's book on the Battle of Crampton's Gap. It
        is titled Sealed With Their Lives. I don't know if you can get it new. Amazon
        has it here. It is out of print (I think) and a little expensive but worth your
        consideration.
        Regards
        Jim Rosebrock

      • colliszouave@yahoo.com

          Message 4 of 25 , Apr 17, 2011
            Mike;

            You might also find the late Joseph Harsh's book "Taken at the Flood" to
            have much useful information as well.