Gould Collection: description

  • rotbaron@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2002
      Here is a detailed description of what I am seeking more info on:

      The Antietam Papers in the Dartmouth College Library.
      Major J. M. Gould, 10th Maine Regiment, attempted to contact all the
      survivors of the
      Battle of Antietam (Sharpsburg) in the late 1880's and early 1890's. This
      information is
      organized along the lines of the tables of organization for both the Union
      and Confederate
      forces. Included are letters, maps, clippings, brochures, and a large body of
      data relating
      to the 10th Maine.