Re: Bloody Lane Terrain

  • mjcllm
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 4, 2011
      we had a tentative agreement in place to have the work donated to the National Parks Service (meaning they are willing to accept it) but no funds to have the piece acquired and restored. It needs a benefactor! It really is historic.

      > Thank you Mike, it confirms what everyone has already said. It would be
      > great to see that painting in person, I hope it goes on display sometime.
      >
      > Dave McGowan
      >

      > On 4/4/2011 10:02 AM, mjcllm wrote:
      > >
      > > Sorry. I uploaded the article to the photo and the files section. The
      > > reproduction of the painting appeared in the entrance hall of the
      > > National Park Service site. My client has half of the huge work and
      > > the Park Service has the other half. Its quite breathaking. I hope you
      > > have seen the reproduction.
      > >
      > > Michael

    • mjcllm
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 4, 2011
        gerry

        email me at mjcllm@... and I will send it direct

        Michael

        > Mike,
        >
        > Every time I try to log into Yahoo Groups it blocks me for some unknown
        > reason.....
        >
        > If you can read my email plse send it privately.

        > To Be A Virginian, either by birth, marriage, adoption, or even on one's
        > mother's side, is an introduction to any state in the Union, a passport to
        > any foreign country, and a benediction from the Almighty God. --Anonymous

      • Dave
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 4, 2011
          Mike, I already sent it to Gerry.

          From the looks of things, it might take an outside agency to buy,
          restore and donate the piece to ANB. Might be a good SHAF project!

          Dave McGowan

          On 4/4/2011 4:33 PM, mjcllm wrote:

          > gerry
          >
          > email me at mjcllm@... <mailto:mjcllm%40yahoo.com> and I will