RE: [TalkAntietam] Bloody Lane Terrain

    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 2, 2011
      Michael,

      The link did not come through....

      From: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com [mailto:TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com]On
      Behalf Of Michael Collesano
      Sent: Friday, April 01, 2011 10:54 PM
      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [TalkAntietam] Bloody Lane Terrain

      This article may be of interest

      Michael J. Collesano, LL.M.
      Michael J. Collesano, LL.M., PC
      110 Wall Street, 11th Fl.
      New York, New York 10005
      T - (212) 227 - 6879
      F - (888) 716 - 2544
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Dave
      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, April 01, 2011 9:34 PM
      Subject: [TalkAntietam] Bloody Lane Terrain

      Hello Everyone,

      I've been trying to do some prep work for a visit to the field during
      the first week of May, and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how
      brushy the edges of the sunken lane were at the time of the battle. To
      a farmer's eye, that would be fence line that I might let grow up some
      if the height didn't interfere with the sun on my crop (especially the
      north side). The pictures in Frassanito don't bear this out, but maybe
      the brush may have been trampled or destroyed by fire. Any ideas or
      thoughts on this, and the impact it might have on line of sight for the
      Federals?

      Dave McGowan

    • mjcllm
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 4, 2011
        Sorry. I uploaded the article to the photo and the files section. The reproduction of the painting appeared in the entrance hall of the National Park Service site. My client has half of the huge work and the Park Service has the other half. Its quite breathaking. I hope you have seen the reproduction.

        Michael

        > Michael, I didn't see an attachment or URL for the article. Am I missing
        > something?
        >
        > Thanks for the help!
        >
        > Dave
        >
        > On 4/1/2011 10:54 PM, Michael Collesano wrote:
        > >
        > > This article may be of interest
        > >
        > > Michael J. Collesano, LL.M.
        > > Michael J. Collesano, LL.M., PC
        > > 110 Wall Street, 11th Fl.
        > > New York, New York 10005
        > > T - (212) 227 - 6879
        > > F - (888) 716 - 2544

      • mjcllm
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 4, 2011

          I posted the same thing in both the Files section and the photo section (first album, 35th picture)

          It allowed me to access it.

          I can email direct if anyone sends their email

          Michael

          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 4, 2011
            Mike,

            Every time I try to log into Yahoo Groups it blocks me for some unknown
            reason.....

            If you can read my email plse send it privately.

            I posted the same thing in both the Files section and the photo section
            (first album, 35th picture)

            It allowed me to access it.

            I can email direct if anyone sends their email

            Michael

            > Michael,
            >
            > The link did not come through....

            > To Be A Virginian, either by birth, marriage, adoption, or even on one's
            > mother's side, is an introduction to any state in the Union, a passport
            > any foreign country, and a benediction from the Almighty
            God. --Anonymous

          • Dave
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 4, 2011
              Thank you Mike, it confirms what everyone has already said. It would be
              great to see that painting in person, I hope it goes on display sometime.

              Dave McGowan

              On 4/4/2011 10:02 AM, mjcllm wrote:

              > Sorry. I uploaded the article to the photo and the files section. The
              > reproduction of the painting appeared in the entrance hall of the
              > National Park Service site. My client has half of the huge work and
              > the Park Service has the other half. Its quite breathaking. I hope you
              > have seen the reproduction.
              >
              > Michael

            • mjcllm
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 4, 2011
                we had a tentative agreement in place to have the work donated to the National Parks Service (meaning they are willing to accept it) but no funds to have the piece acquired and restored. It needs a benefactor! It really is historic.

                > Thank you Mike, it confirms what everyone has already said. It would be
                > great to see that painting in person, I hope it goes on display sometime.
                >
                > Dave McGowan
                >

                > On 4/4/2011 10:02 AM, mjcllm wrote:
                > >
                > > Sorry. I uploaded the article to the photo and the files section. The
                > > reproduction of the painting appeared in the entrance hall of the
                > > National Park Service site. My client has half of the huge work and
                > > the Park Service has the other half. Its quite breathaking. I hope you
                > > have seen the reproduction.
                > >
                > > Michael

              • mjcllm
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 4, 2011
                  gerry

                  email me at mjcllm@... and I will send it direct

                  Michael

                  > Mike,
                  >
                  > Every time I try to log into Yahoo Groups it blocks me for some unknown
                  > reason.....
                  >
                  > If you can read my email plse send it privately.

                  > To Be A Virginian, either by birth, marriage, adoption, or even on one's
                  > mother's side, is an introduction to any state in the Union, a passport to
                  > any foreign country, and a benediction from the Almighty God. --Anonymous

                • Dave
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 4, 2011
                    Mike, I already sent it to Gerry.

                    From the looks of things, it might take an outside agency to buy,
                    restore and donate the piece to ANB. Might be a good SHAF project!

                    Dave McGowan

                    On 4/4/2011 4:33 PM, mjcllm wrote:

                    > gerry
                    >
                    > email me at mjcllm@... <mailto:mjcllm%40yahoo.com> and I will