Saint Patrick's Day Wishes

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 17 6:14 AM
      Dear All,

      As today is Saint Patrick's Day, I not only wish to extend to all
      in the group the compliments of the day but also recall the
      sacrifices and heroism of the Irish who fought on both sides of
      this great "debate" we love to study and discuss.

      In particular, I am thinking about the "bhoys" of the
      Sixty-third, the Sixty-ninth and the Eighty-eighth New York
      Volunteer Infantry, as well as the Twenty-first Georgia Infantry
      as well as all the other regiments, North and South, which held
      larger numbers of Irish in their ranks.

      May the sacrifices of them all n'er be forgotten!

    • 128thpa@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 17 7:02 AM
        Thanks Gerry and likewise to you!

        Paula

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 17 7:07 AM
          Paula,

          You are quite welcome ! Was reminded in another post about the Sixth
          Louisiana boys as well..... quite a unit of fighters from around New
          Orleans...who lost their second colonel, Henry Strong, only 21 years old, at
          Sharpsburg.