research

  • J Amico
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 15, 2002
      hi group
      I plan on doing a research article for publication
      concerning the annihilation of Sedgwicks Division in
      the West Woods, my fave. part of the battlefield. Any
      suggestions as to informative sources for such a
      topic.
      Much Appreciation

      Jason Amico
      Jason A. Amico
      Division of Archival and Records Management
      Pennsylvania State Archives
      (717)214-7430
      (717)787-4822; fax
      jamico@...

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/
    • rotbaron@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 15, 2002
        Jason,

        I researched the West Woods fight as part of a tour I gave last year.

        If you can get to the Antietam Library, I'd recommend it. Of course they have
        the Carman papers plus Carman maps.
        They have a "West Woods study" that gives background of the area and Rangers
        are very helpful.
        Walking the ground is a key to really understanding this part of the battle.

        I found the Blue & Gray issue "Massacre in West Woods" to be a great help.

        Certainly Harsh, Sears, Priest, and Official Records will provide good
        stuff.

        Early's report and several others (Howard, etc) were quite revealing.

        I'll check my materials and see what else used.

        For what magazine would you be writing the article for?