RE: [TalkAntietam] Clipp Farm

  • Thomas G. Clemens
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 12, 2010
      David,
      The NPS give you more detail if you talk to the Cultural Resources people, Kevin Walker is the contact. I can tell you the info Mannie gave you is correct. There is a picture of it, and look for it in Stephen Recker's upcoming book on photography of the field after the battle. It was a small simplee dwelling, and nohing really remains of it.

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 12, 2010
        Tom and Dave,

        Tom is right in that nothing remains of the Clipp farmstead and in that it was a tenement house. IIRC the site of the house's location is the small slightly rectangular raised area just off the Roulette Lane on the left approximately half-way between the Sunken Road and the Roulette House itself.