OR Volume 19

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 23, 2010
      I know that OR Volume 19 parts 1 and 2 contain all the official reports for the Maryland Campaign. Isn't there another part of the OR that contains other additional materials related to Antietam. Thanks
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 23, 2010
        You might be thinking of the Supplemental OR, compiled from
        reports, etc collected from the National Archives which were
        omitted during the work on the original series plus
        correspondence as well. IIRC Broadfoot Press is publishing the
        volumes.

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 23, 2010
          Thanks Gerry. Are one or more devoted to the Maryland Campaign
          Jim

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 23, 2010
            I do not really know, Jim. Tom Clemens would probably know that...but I
            would surmise it would be logical.

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 23, 2010
              There is some Antietam-related material in Vol. 51, which was a catch-all of miscellaneous stuff when they were finishing up the original series. Also some of the diplomatic corespondence of that time is found in the Naval OR's. Then in the Supplement done by Broadfoot there is some Antietam stuff in the first ten volumes, cannot recall off-hand which one. Three or four seems right.

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 23, 2010
                Thanks Tom.

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 24, 2010
                  Jim,

                  Tom is correct--pt. 1 of the Supp., "Reports," vol. 3, has info supplementing vol. 19 of the OR. The index volume which contains "Antietam" and subheadings has several pages listing many volumes of the Supp. in which "Antietam" occurs.

                  Larry

                  --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, Jim Rosebrock <pointsalines@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks Gerry. Are one or more devoted to the Maryland Campaign
                  > Jim

                • Jim Rosebrock
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 24, 2010
                    Thanks Larry.