Re: Mt. Tabor Church

  • Bill and Glenna Jo Christen
    Message 1 of 59 , Oct 28, 2010
      Stephen,
      They appear to be real photo postcards (1910-1930). I only have photocopies. In white ink they are both labeled "Lutheran Church at Mt. Tabor, MD." one showing the church from the road in front of the Mt. Tabor cemetery, and the other showing an interior view of the alter and pews. The others are two views of Mt. Tabor schools (one brick and one wood). The sign is visible on the wooden structure and the view of the brick structure is labeled in white ink (in the manner of the church images). These copies are in my Cross photo files, but I cannot (probably a senior moment) remember the source (George Brigham? Clifford? ??).
      When I get back from DC this weekend (Jon Stewart rally), I will get scans made.
      Bill Christen
      Posted by: "Stephen Recker" recker@...
      Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:03 pm (PDT)
      Interesting. Fred Cross, what a gem. What era are the other photos from? Thanks!

    • troyacool@yahoo.com
      Message 59 of 59 , Dec 21, 2010
        Thanks Larry!

        From: "eighth_conn_inf" <eighth_conn_inf@...>
        Sender: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 12:31:09
        To: <TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [TalkAntietam] Re: Burnside's murky command

        From Eicher,"Civil War High Commands" command assignments for this period:

        IX Corps-AOP 20 July 1862 - 3 Aug. 1862; IX Corps Army of VA 3 Aug. 1862 - 3 Sept. 1862; Right Wing AOP 7 Sept. 1862 - 14 Sept. 1862; Left of the Line- AOP 14 Sept. 1862 - 19 Sept. 1862; Defenses of Harpers Ferry-AOP 13 Oct. 1862 - 26 Oct. 1862; AOP 13 Oct. 1862 - 26 Jan. 1863.

        Larry