RE: [TalkAntietam] Re: Mt. Tabor Church

  • Thomas G. Clemens
    Message 1 of 59 , Oct 25, 2010
      Duh, I thought you meant Hooker @ the Mt. Tabor Church! My bad. Steve B is the authority here, and if you find one please post it.

      From: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com [mailto:TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Stephen
      Sent: Monday, October 25, 2010 8:38 AM
      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [TalkAntietam] Re: Mt. Tabor Church

      Stephen...

      Don't hold me to this, but I think I have seen one. If I recall correctly, it is in the collection of Zion Reformed Church in Middletown. They have a display case of Civil War stuff related to the church, and Zion managed Mt. Tabor as a branch-church of sorts for years. Might try there. Seems I recall a rather grainy photo which showed the front of the building from an angle. It has been several years since I have seen it, so don't shoot me if you look and come up blank....but it seems to me they have one.

      Steve Bockmiller

    • troyacool@yahoo.com
      Message 59 of 59 , Dec 21, 2010
        Thanks Larry!

        From: "eighth_conn_inf" <eighth_conn_inf@...>
        Sender: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 12:31:09
        To: <TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [TalkAntietam] Re: Burnside's murky command

        From Eicher,"Civil War High Commands" command assignments for this period:

        IX Corps-AOP 20 July 1862 - 3 Aug. 1862; IX Corps Army of VA 3 Aug. 1862 - 3 Sept. 1862; Right Wing AOP 7 Sept. 1862 - 14 Sept. 1862; Left of the Line- AOP 14 Sept. 1862 - 19 Sept. 1862; Defenses of Harpers Ferry-AOP 13 Oct. 1862 - 26 Oct. 1862; AOP 13 Oct. 1862 - 26 Jan. 1863.

        Larry