Re: Question on the Bridges over the Antietam

    Message 1 of 59 , Oct 4, 2010

      Without having the documentation, it sounds like the 1936 flood was likely the one that did in the steel Middle Bridge.

      Terri and I visited east of the Great Falls Tavern area during the 1996 flooding and we were amazed at the level of the Potomac which was flooded over its banks into the canal. The high water marks on the wall at the HF library and on the store wall at White's Ferry always amaze.

      Larry

      Message 59 of 59 , Dec 21, 2010
        Thanks Larry!

        From: "eighth_conn_inf" <eighth_conn_inf@...>
        Sender: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 12:31:09
        To: <TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [TalkAntietam] Re: Burnside's murky command

        From Eicher,"Civil War High Commands" command assignments for this period:

        IX Corps-AOP 20 July 1862 - 3 Aug. 1862; IX Corps Army of VA 3 Aug. 1862 - 3 Sept. 1862; Right Wing AOP 7 Sept. 1862 - 14 Sept. 1862; Left of the Line- AOP 14 Sept. 1862 - 19 Sept. 1862; Defenses of Harpers Ferry-AOP 13 Oct. 1862 - 26 Oct. 1862; AOP 13 Oct. 1862 - 26 Jan. 1863.

        Larry