Re: [TalkAntietam] Q2: Accounts of Hauser and Locher?

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 9, 2002

      Where is Mike being posted to?

      Your humble servant,
      Gerry Mayers
      Co. B, "Tom Green Rifles",

      Edward Lee

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: <rotbaron@...>
      To: <TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 8:19 AM
      Subject: [TalkAntietam] Q2: Accounts of Hauser and Locher?

      > QUESTION #2:
      >
      > Are there any accounts regarding what happened to residents of
      Hauser Farm
      > and Mary Locher Farmstead (A. Poffenberger Farm). We covered
      both these
      > places on Sunday tour, but I don't recall reading about their
      residents.

      > Ranger Mike Weinstein had a letter from 15th MASS soldier
      noting how they
      > buried their comrades in a trench near a log cabin past West
      Woods, so this

      Sponsor ---------------------~-->
      > Buy Stock for $4
      > and no minimums.
      > FREE Money 2002.
      > http://us.click.yahoo.com/k6cvND/n97DAA/ySSFAA/GmiolB/TM
      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Tom Clemens
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 9, 2002
        Dinosaur NHS I think, somewhere in Utah or Colorado. Mike is a very good and
        competent fellow. He will be missed.
        BTW, SHAF is having a work day on Saturday, we'll meet at the Visitor's
        Center at 9:00. We'll be cutting trees at the Pry House. Anyone who can make
        it is welcome.

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 9, 2002
          I have a drill weekend this Saturday for my battalion Tom,
          otherwise might consider......

          Your humble servant,
          Gerry Mayers
          Co. B, "Tom Green Rifles",

          Edward Lee

          > Dinosaur NHS I think, somewhere in Utah or Colorado. Mike is a
          very good and
          > competent fellow. He will be missed.
          > BTW, SHAF is having a work day on Saturday, we'll meet at the
          Visitor's
          > Center at 9:00. We'll be cutting trees at the Pry House.
          Anyone who can make
          > it is welcome.
          >

          > NJ Rebel wrote:
          >
          > > Tom,
          > >
          > > Where is Mike being posted to?
          > >
          > > Your humble servant,
          > > Gerry Mayers
          > > Co. B, "Tom Green Rifles",
          > > Fourth Regiment, Texas Volunteer Infantry
          > >
          > > A Proud American by Birth, Southern by Choice!
          > >
          > > "I know of no fitter resting-place for a soldier than the
          field
          > > on which he has nobly laid down his life." --General
          Robert

          Sponsor ---------------------~-->

        • rotbaron@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 10, 2002
            In a message dated 04/09/2002 9:03:04 PM EST, gerry1952@... writes:
            << Tom, Where is Mike being posted to? >>

            Mike is going to Dinosaur NHS in Utah.
            Brian is taking over as one of the tour leaders. He's been working on a
            battlewalk of Greene's division which he plans to give during anniversary
            tours.

            Tom Shay
          • rotbaron@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 11, 2002
              I checked Kathleen Ernst's book "Too AfraidTo Cry" last night and found no
              references to Hauser Farm, nor its residents, nor Mary Locher Farmstead.

              There were a few notes about Reel Family. They moved west after the battle.