Shepherdstown Battlefield (SBPA) - Potomac River Wading & Battlefield Tour

  • edunleavy921
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2010
      To honor the 148th Anniversary of the Battle of Shepherdstown, SBPA has scheduled a Battlefield Tour including a wading of the Potomac River. The tour is set, rain or shine, for Saturday, September 18, 2010.

      Historians Tom Clemens and Tom McGrath will be the guides. Two tours are scheduled; the first tour will begin at 2:30PM followed by the second at 3:30PM. Each tour will last about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

      The tour is about 1 1/2 miles and if wading in the Potomac has no appeal, you can meet the tour on the WV shore of the river.

      After each tour, the participants will walk to 132 Trough Bend Lane to enjoy a barbecue, beer, wine and soft drinks. We ask for a donation of $30 per person.

      TO MAKE A RESERVATION, VISIT THE FOLLOWING LINK:

      http://battleofshepherdstown.org/Hats.html

      After you make your reservation we will email you precise instructions for the tour.

      Reserve as soon as possible as we can only accommodate a limited number of participants. The 2:30 Tour has only 5 reservations remaining.

      Thank you for your continued support.

      -SBPA Board of Directors