Re: [TalkAntietam] Potomac River Wading & Shepherdstown Battlefield Tour - 9/18/10

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 24, 2010
      Jim,
      I am sure we can work that out, and I will talk to Ed.

      >>> Jim Rosebrock <pointsalines@...> 08/24/10 2:44 PM >>>
      Hi Ed,

      Unfortunately I have a tour at Antietam that afternoon which begins at 3PM. I
      should have checked my schedule more carefully. I would like to catch up with
      the group afterward and am willing to make the $30 donation and just meet you at
      the house after my tour around 5:30. Is that possible?

      Regards
      Jim Rosebrock

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 24, 2010
        Thanks Tom.

        ________________________________
        I am sure we can work that out, and I will talk to Ed.

        >>> Jim Rosebrock <pointsalines@...> 08/24/10 2:44 PM >>>
        Hi Ed,

        Unfortunately I have a tour at Antietam that afternoon which begins at 3PM. I
        should have checked my schedule more carefully. I would like to catch up with
        the group afterward and am willing to make the $30 donation and just meet you at

        the house after my tour around 5:30. Is that possible?

        Regards
        Jim Rosebrock

        ________________________________
        To commemorate the 148th Anniversary of the Battle of Shepherdstown,the
        Shepherdstown Battlefield Preservation Association Inc. (SBPA) has scheduled a
        Battlefield Tour including a wading of the Potomac River. The tour is set, rain
        or shine, for Saturday, September 18, 2010.

        Historians Tom Clemens and Tom McGrath will be the guides. Two tours are
        scheduled; one to begin at 2:30PM followed by another at 3:30PM. Each tour will
        last about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

        After each tour, the participants will hike about one mile to 132 Trough Bend
        Lane to enjoy a barbecue, beer, wine and soft drinks. We ask for a donation of
        $30 per person.

        TO MAKE A RESERVATION, VISIT THE FOLLOWING LINK:

        http://battleofshepherdstown.org/Hats.html

        After you make your reservation we will email you precise instructions for the
        tour.

        Please reserve as soon as possible as we can only accommodate a limited number
        of participants.

        Thank you for your continued support.

        -SBPA Board of Directors

      • Edward and Carol Dunleavy
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 24, 2010
          Jim: We appreciate your support and will welcome you at whatever time that
          you can get here. This year, Carol & I are going to remain at home for the
          entire weekend and will continue the SBPA barbecue for as long as anyone
          remains. Last year we had the misfortune to schedule a vacation trip that
          began as soon as the barbecue ended; we will never do that again; we've
          learned to look at our calendar before we schedule anything. I'm sure that
          both Tom's will be here. we look forward to seeing you again. -ED