Re: [TalkAntietam] Potomac River Wading & Shepherdstown Battlefield Tour - 9/18/10

  • Jim Rosebrock
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 24, 2010
      Hi Ed,

      Unfortunately I have a tour at Antietam that afternoon which begins at 3PM.  I
      should have checked my schedule more carefully.  I would like to catch up with
      the group afterward and am willing to make the $30 donation and just meet you at
      the house after my tour around 5:30.  Is that possible?

      Regards
      Jim Rosebrock

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 24, 2010
        Jim,
        I am sure we can work that out, and I will talk to Ed.

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 24, 2010
          Thanks Tom.

          ________________________________
          I am sure we can work that out, and I will talk to Ed.

          >>> Jim Rosebrock <pointsalines@...> 08/24/10 2:44 PM >>>
          Hi Ed,

          Unfortunately I have a tour at Antietam that afternoon which begins at 3PM. I
          should have checked my schedule more carefully. I would like to catch up with
          the group afterward and am willing to make the $30 donation and just meet you at

          the house after my tour around 5:30. Is that possible?

          Regards
          Jim Rosebrock

          ________________________________
          To commemorate the 148th Anniversary of the Battle of Shepherdstown,the
          Shepherdstown Battlefield Preservation Association Inc. (SBPA) has scheduled a
          Battlefield Tour including a wading of the Potomac River. The tour is set, rain
          or shine, for Saturday, September 18, 2010.

          Historians Tom Clemens and Tom McGrath will be the guides. Two tours are
          scheduled; one to begin at 2:30PM followed by another at 3:30PM. Each tour will
          last about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

          After each tour, the participants will hike about one mile to 132 Trough Bend
          Lane to enjoy a barbecue, beer, wine and soft drinks. We ask for a donation of
          $30 per person.

          TO MAKE A RESERVATION, VISIT THE FOLLOWING LINK:

          http://battleofshepherdstown.org/Hats.html

          After you make your reservation we will email you precise instructions for the
          tour.

          Please reserve as soon as possible as we can only accommodate a limited number
          of participants.

          Thank you for your continued support.

          -SBPA Board of Directors

        • Edward and Carol Dunleavy
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 24, 2010
            Jim: We appreciate your support and will welcome you at whatever time that
            you can get here. This year, Carol & I are going to remain at home for the
            entire weekend and will continue the SBPA barbecue for as long as anyone
            remains. Last year we had the misfortune to schedule a vacation trip that
            began as soon as the barbecue ended; we will never do that again; we've
            learned to look at our calendar before we schedule anything. I'm sure that
            both Tom's will be here. we look forward to seeing you again. -ED