Potomac River Wading & Shepherdstown Battlefield Tour - 9/18/10

  • edunleavy921
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 16, 2010
      To commemorate the 148th Anniversary of the Battle of Shepherdstown,the Shepherdstown Battlefield Preservation Association Inc. (SBPA) has scheduled a Battlefield Tour including a wading of the Potomac River. The tour is set, rain or shine, for Saturday, September 18, 2010.

      Historians Tom Clemens and Tom McGrath will be the guides. Two tours are scheduled; one to begin at 2:30PM followed by another at 3:30PM. Each tour will last about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

      After each tour, the participants will hike about one mile to 132 Trough Bend Lane to enjoy a barbecue, beer, wine and soft drinks. We ask for a donation of $30 per person.

      TO MAKE A RESERVATION, VISIT THE FOLLOWING LINK:

      http://battleofshepherdstown.org/Hats.html

      After you make your reservation we will email you precise instructions for the tour.

      Please reserve as soon as possible as we can only accommodate a limited number of participants.

      Thank you for your continued support.

      -SBPA Board of Directors
    • Jim Rosebrock
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 24, 2010
        Hi Ed,

        Unfortunately I have a tour at Antietam that afternoon which begins at 3PM.  I
        should have checked my schedule more carefully.  I would like to catch up with
        the group afterward and am willing to make the $30 donation and just meet you at
        the house after my tour around 5:30.  Is that possible?

        Regards
        Jim Rosebrock

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 24, 2010
          Jim,
          I am sure we can work that out, and I will talk to Ed.

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 24, 2010
            Thanks Tom.

            ________________________________
            I am sure we can work that out, and I will talk to Ed.

            >>> Jim Rosebrock <pointsalines@...> 08/24/10 2:44 PM >>>
            Hi Ed,

            Unfortunately I have a tour at Antietam that afternoon which begins at 3PM. I
            should have checked my schedule more carefully. I would like to catch up with
            the group afterward and am willing to make the $30 donation and just meet you at

            the house after my tour around 5:30. Is that possible?

            Regards
            Jim Rosebrock

            ________________________________
            To commemorate the 148th Anniversary of the Battle of Shepherdstown,the
            Shepherdstown Battlefield Preservation Association Inc. (SBPA) has scheduled a
            Battlefield Tour including a wading of the Potomac River. The tour is set, rain
            or shine, for Saturday, September 18, 2010.

            Historians Tom Clemens and Tom McGrath will be the guides. Two tours are
            scheduled; one to begin at 2:30PM followed by another at 3:30PM. Each tour will
            last about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

            After each tour, the participants will hike about one mile to 132 Trough Bend
            Lane to enjoy a barbecue, beer, wine and soft drinks. We ask for a donation of
            $30 per person.

            TO MAKE A RESERVATION, VISIT THE FOLLOWING LINK:

            http://battleofshepherdstown.org/Hats.html

            After you make your reservation we will email you precise instructions for the
            tour.

            Please reserve as soon as possible as we can only accommodate a limited number
            of participants.

            Thank you for your continued support.

            -SBPA Board of Directors

          • Edward and Carol Dunleavy
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 24, 2010
              Jim: We appreciate your support and will welcome you at whatever time that
              you can get here. This year, Carol & I are going to remain at home for the
              entire weekend and will continue the SBPA barbecue for as long as anyone
              remains. Last year we had the misfortune to schedule a vacation trip that
              began as soon as the barbecue ended; we will never do that again; we've
              learned to look at our calendar before we schedule anything. I'm sure that
              both Tom's will be here. we look forward to seeing you again. -ED