Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Abandoned artillery limber near Dunker Church in Gardner's photo.

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 19, 2010
      Scott,
      I don't think you'll find out. Carman's map only shows the battalion, or at least part of it, but not individual batteries. We know Woolfolk was on the right, making Parker next, or perhaps third from the right. Only Lee wrote a report, did not mention specific batteries losing a limber, but does say Wolfolk left a gun on the field due to lose of horses, drivers, etc. he doesn't say it, but perhaps also a limber to move it????

      >>> "ScottH" <sdhann@...> 07/19/10 7:29 PM >>>
      Tom,

      Thanks much for the information. It's appreciated.

      Where can I find the most accurate maps of the battle that would detail the positions of the batteries in Lee's Battalion? I'm curious to know which batteries, closest to Parker, reported a limber lost.

      Scott

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 19, 2010
        Dear Scott,

        You can try the website for Antietam on the Web or the Library of Congress holdings of the Cope-Carman maps.