Munford's Cavalry on Right Flank

    Message 1 of 1 , May 13, 2010
      Munford with his 2nd and 12th Va. Cav. guarded Lee's right flank before, during and after the battle on the 17th. Thanks to Tom Clemens, I have a copy of a letter from Munford to Carman stating that Munford was reinforced by the 1st (actually the 2nd) South Carolina Cavalry under Col. M.C. Butler.

      Has anyone any info on the SC regiment from Hampton's Brigade joining Munford?

      Thanks,