Re: Dr. Thomas Clemens

  • Teej Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 7, 2002
      To Doctor Tom Clemens:

      Um...may I call you Tom? To those who haven't met you may they be
      properly awed. For those who
      have, you are now fair game. Every single question regarding Mac will come
      your way and there's no finer person to answer them. I'm blown away...just
      great, Tom! Uh, while I have your attention ...there are somewhere between
      400 and 600 Georgians overlooking the lower bridge...Burnside makes a couple
      of feeble attempts to take the bridge but calls them off, however a few
      months later he's given a whole river to cross and and sends how many men?
      I KNOW you WERE expecting this from ME but it's only because I'm proud as
      all get out as to know you. WAY TO GO, TOM!!

      Finest Regards,
      Teej

    • Teej Smith

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 7, 2002
          Teej, Gerry, Paula, et al,
          Thanks for your kind words. Expect no changes in me. Degrees are a measure of
          determination,
          not intelligence.
          Tom
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 7, 2002

            We simply think the doctorate is just a confirmation of what you
            already know about the Maryland Campaign and your significant
            contributions to not only preserving the history about that
            pivotal period in the Civil War, but also your bringing
            (hopefully soon!) to the general Civil War community another long
            needed resource.

            Your humble servant,
            Gerry Mayers
            Co. B, "Tom Green Rifles",

            Edward Lee

            Sponsor ---------------------~-->
            > Buy Stock for $4
            > and no minimums.
            > FREE Money 2002.
            > http://us.click.yahoo.com/k6cvND/n97DAA/ySSFAA/GmiolB/TM
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • David Lutton
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 9, 2002

              Let me add my belated congradulations. Although we only met once during a
              SHAF cleanup, I will say that I am proud of you. You, Sir, are advancing
              the knowledge of that bloody Sept 17th so long ago and for that I will
              remain in your debt.

              David Lutton