Re: [TalkAntietam] Coffer Dam on the Antietam Creek

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2010
      Steve,

      Would that not also be the same as the dam for the old Antietam Iron Works?

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 28, 2010
        No, the AIW dam is huge, but the Coffer Dam, or cofferdam (?) is much smaller. Good guess, though.

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 28, 2010
          Steve,

          I did read somewhere about the Creek having a coffer dam at one point which was subsequently taken out. Do not recall if it was before the battle or some time afterwards.

          > No, the AIW dam is huge, but the Coffer Dam, or cofferdam (?) is much smaller. Good guess, though.
          >
          > Stephen
          >

          > --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "G E Mayers" <gerry1952@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> Steve,
          >>
          >> Would that not also be the same as the dam for the old Antietam Iron Works?
          >>
          >> Yr. Obt. Svt.
          >> G E "Gerry" Mayers
          >>
          >> To Be A Virginian, either by birth, marriage, adoption, or even on one's mother's side, is an introduction to any state in the Union, a passport to any foreign country, and a benediction from the Almighty God. --Anonymous

        • s_recker
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 28, 2010
            The picture I have is ca. 1890. If you think of the cite please let me know. Thanks.