Coffer Dam on the Antietam Creek

  • s_recker
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2010
      Where is it? Thanks.

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 28, 2010
        Steve,

        Would that not also be the same as the dam for the old Antietam Iron Works?

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 28, 2010
          No, the AIW dam is huge, but the Coffer Dam, or cofferdam (?) is much smaller. Good guess, though.

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 28, 2010
            Steve,

            I did read somewhere about the Creek having a coffer dam at one point which was subsequently taken out. Do not recall if it was before the battle or some time afterwards.

            > No, the AIW dam is huge, but the Coffer Dam, or cofferdam (?) is much smaller. Good guess, though.
            >
            > Stephen
            >

            > --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "G E Mayers" <gerry1952@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> Steve,
            >>
            >> Would that not also be the same as the dam for the old Antietam Iron Works?
            >>
            >> Yr. Obt. Svt.
            >> G E "Gerry" Mayers
            >>
            >> To Be A Virginian, either by birth, marriage, adoption, or even on one's mother's side, is an introduction to any state in the Union, a passport to any foreign country, and a benediction from the Almighty God. --Anonymous

          • s_recker
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 28, 2010
              The picture I have is ca. 1890. If you think of the cite please let me know. Thanks.