Re: [TalkAntietam] CW Whitehair book signing

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 26, 2010
      Who is CW Whitehair? An odd name for an author!

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 26, 2010
        "Escape Across the Potomac" is a historical work about the escape from Harpers Ferry of Cole's Maryland Battalion. It takes info from 25 various diaries, letters, and newspaper articles. Included in this project are reports from the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies, newspaper articles covering the escape, additional memoirs, and period photographs of participants and locations.

        The text above and more can be found at:
        http://www.whitehairbooks.com/index.php?pr=Escape_Across_The_Potomac

        Info on the author can be found at:
        http://www.whitehairbooks.com/index.php?pr=About_Us

        Tom Shay

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 26, 2010
          Dear Tom,

          Okay...but who is the author of the work in question? I peeked at the particular website but it still does not reveal the actual identity of the author.

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 26, 2010
            I never heard of him until I saw the listing in today's paper.
            I was only passing along the book-signing info.

            Tom Shay