Re: [TalkAntietam] Re:Question re photoigraph

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 23, 2010
      Dear Bill,

      I have not checked Franklin Weaver's service record but I do know he was an officer in Company H of the 4th Infantry, NC State Troops Regiment. I am also quite well aware he was killed at the Sunken Road on September 17, being the last still serving commissioned officer of the regiment on the field. On the same page in the TimeLife volume as the photograph is an account by Edwin Augustus Osborne, who interestingly enough writes in the third person about himself!

      Both Franklin Weaver, who was nicknamed "Hal", and Osborne, whom his brother officers called "Gus", are prominently mentioned in my historical fiction book manuscript about the Maryland 1862 Campaign.

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 24, 2010

        I would appreciate Todd's address. I have copies of two other studies that looked at the same thing. I am aware of the fact that the texture of the material and the reflective qualities of the objects surface also plays a factor. Red roses do not photograph the same as a red box of the same value.

        Bill

        gwjchris@...
        Visit our web site, The Curiosity Shop at
        http://home.earthlink.net/~gchristen