Wilcox

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 12, 2010
      Dean Essig,
      Did you ever get an answer to Cadmus Wilcox's absence duringthe MD Campaign?

    • Dean Essig
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 12, 2010
        On Feb 12, 2010, at 7:49 AM, Thomas Clemens wrote:

        > Did you ever get an answer to Cadmus Wilcox's absence duringthe MD
        > Campaign?

        Yes, as far as I can determine (or was told to me, I don't recall
        which), he may have been present, but just too ill to command.

        I still need to find out if the rest of Barnes' Bde of 1/5 crossed
        the Middle Bridge along with the 18 Mass on the morning of the 18th
        when Morell was sent to "support" Burnside but with orders to stay
        east of the creek but sent one brigade to the west side anyway
        (presumably Barnes). While the 18 Mass left a record of crossing at
        the Middle Bridge, I can find no reference stating whether the rest
        of the brigade went with them or kept going further south with the
        rest of the division to cross the Lower Bridge.

        That one is a puzzler.

        Thanks for remembering!

        Dean